Zutaty's home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortailPortail  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule for game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 1:47

Bon, on peut dire que mrmatt est bien partis pour nous faire une version, cela lui prendra du temps mais bon..... d'autre comme mstar on peut etre une idee derriere la tete. Qui sait Surprised

allez, avez vous des idees de regles.

EX : en cas de muling. d'utilisation de bug a sont profit.......

allez, on met quelques post hein !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we can say mrmatt is on good way for making a SP......erm legacy 3 Smile. Thats take time but other can, mstar back for exemple.

but, noone speak of rules, me first hehe so have you an idea for this ?

EX : for muling, use bug....

go go post Smile
Back to top Go down
https://zutaty.forumotion.com
loophole
entrepreneur
loophole

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 11:38

who said mrmatt sp3, think you missed some one out in the list of who may or may have not got the code there Zut (and i dont mean me) Smile

Teehe lol! bounce Question Idea Arrow Exclamation Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldofloop.co.uk
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: hehe   Rule for game Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 17:12

erf, more cryptic tongue

when ...... read that affraid

hehehe
Back to top Go down
mozler

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Rules   Rule for game Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 20:17

We need the game first, maybe, hoping, then we can have rules.
Hi LOOP.
Hi Zutaty.

Regards,

Mozler
Back to top Go down
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: moz   Rule for game Icon_minitimeSat 31 May - 12:22

happy to see you again Smile

dont be affraid for the game. if i post that hehe

but, we all know for exemple we dont have to use office as mayor, and we all do. why, it was forbiden no ?? Because pugg said nothing.

that why we need to think to rule, i prepare somthing
Back to top Go down
loophole
entrepreneur
loophole

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeSat 31 May - 14:26

Hi Mozler

Nice to see so many old school back in the fold Smile

Not to worry abort the game it's coming in many forms, Java Rewirte from Mr Matt, Legacy verion from Breosa (not long now), also the possiblty of Mstar may pass on the code to allow other verion rewrites Wink (me hoping here to make a .net verion of the game)

Loop
Back to top Go down
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: SP   Rule for game Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun - 22:23

hmm, for mstar HE said you that or you thinking ???
because this is a game of elias, he cant make in free download or give as who he want Shocked

For other, wait and see
Back to top Go down
robert
Newby

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 10:29

zutaty wrote:
but, we all know for exemple we dont have to use office as mayor, and we all do. why, it was forbiden no ?? Because pugg said nothing.

that why we need to think to rule, i prepare somthing

building offices as mayor is a good example why we don't need rules for just everything. A lot of things were problematic just because of bad code and not because of bad players which needed to be stopped.
Shocked

In case of offices there would be an easy solution: just remove offices out of the build menu for mayors Wink - and/or add a simple if-clause into the sourcecode. like ( if frontendismayor then offices=false; endif )

first of all we need to have a running game - that's the most important part. Even if it has only 1 seal, only 10 buildings at all... everything else can be added and THEN we could start discussing about rules Wink

some few rules are obvious.. zoning out people just because a mayor doesn't like him should be forbidden. Bad language should be forbidden.
just as an example
Smile
Back to top Go down
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: yes   Rule for game Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 16:26

Of course, most important it's relaunch. For than i know that's not a problem. Need time for bug. prepare homepage. some surprise, if i good undestand Smile

hmmm

Quote :
A lot of things were problematic just because of bad code and not because of bad players which needed to be stopped.

hum, not really agree, office for mayor it's because someone try to cheat no ? of course it's bug at start but someone try to use this for making money first player was the first or second mayor of bak on mars. that's this i think we need to be ruled.

agree with your start of rule, RST certainly agree too lol!

all problm was on free : muling,.... on other we had not really. at end with RST on mars, perhaps, but it's an another history.

Last edited by zutaty on Mon 2 Jun - 16:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Modifier par zutaty)
Back to top Go down
loophole
entrepreneur
loophole

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 17:25

Hoping all goes well, there may be ways of stopping mueling.

Home page and forums will be coming, for mueling there may be an option to add some control to the code & the database but that will come in time.

Office for Mayor or not, this should not be to hard to stop again when the client is ready there will be a list of bugs that will need to be ironed out but where that is on the list I don’t know.

The best course of action now is to create a list of bugs that you remember and would like address, plus a second list a wish list of what you would like to happen with in the game, I don’t mean adding extra stuff but changing the way some parts work, that would not come under a bug.

Then when version of sp are ready for playing these list will help shape sp going forward.

Ill see if I can give a better update to how things are going and maybe a few screen shots, but this depends on permissions first.

Loop Smile
Back to top Go down
robert
Newby

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 14:43

loophole wrote:

The best course of action now is to create a list of bugs that you remember and would like address, plus a second list a wish list of what you would like to happen with in the game, I don’t mean adding extra stuff but changing the way some parts work, that would not come under a bug.
depends on what version of starpeace you use. puggys starpeace2 or segas legacy online....

One problematic thing I remember were offices
another one was a bank bug (in case there is a way to implement my idea of coins-for-real-cash, banks need to be completely rewritten anyway)

wish:
some menus like spider, toolbar and so on were always all the time remotely loaded. at least the graphics should be stored locally to reduce traffic and increase speed ...
Back to top Go down
loophole
entrepreneur
loophole

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 16:20

Hi Rob

Puggys Starpeace2 is dead in the water no way of getting the source code or geting a hold of puggy.

So we are talking about Sega Legacy Online version, up to shut down of site.

The graphics for the menu bar would be cached on the local machine after hitting the webpage for the first time, it could be possible to re code the webpages to look at local but remmber these web pages live on the server not the clinet so could be some problems.

loop Smile
Back to top Go down
robert
Newby

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun - 19:06

loophole wrote:
Hi Rob

Puggys Starpeace2 is dead in the water no way of getting the source code or geting a hold of puggy.

So we are talking about Sega Legacy Online version, up to shut down of site.
Ay Sad
Segas Legacy is a very long time ago... actually I cannot remember exactly what bugs we had at those time, which were fixed by sega, which were created by sega Laughing - and which were fixed later by puggy.

could be difficult to make a bug list after such a long time without a way to verify or test Wink
Quote :

The graphics for the menu bar would be cached on the local machine after hitting the webpage for the first time, it could be possible to re code the webpages to look at local but remmber these web pages live on the server not the clinet so could be some problems.

loop Smile
I know - don't forget, I hosted a planet myself Wink I played around with the toolbar a bit.. the only thing I found out that it actually has always the same content. The toolbar differs actually only if someone is a visitor or if he is an investor on a planet.
Speaking of the toolbar, I remember one problem from oceanus/sega time . It happened often enough that the toolbar did not load.. sometimes there was a fraction of an error message at the toolbar, sometimes it was just a blank page. once it was broke there was no way to get it back - except closing and restarting the client.

That's something what should be optimized Wink
Maybe by implementing a bunch of shortkeys or whatever Wink

------------

by the way, another "bug" I remember is the default settings of shops/warehouses (buy at 400% 0q) - it should be changed to tradecenter values (200% price, 40q) at shops and 0%/100q at warehouses
Back to top Go down
Arkhangel

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jun - 4:21

Robert your suggestion for removing offices for mayor is a bit misguided. The placement of offices by a mayor is a bug not an option in the mayor build menu. There is a process to which a player can do it and I do not believe it could be stopped to be honest without a huge amount of effort. However placing offices as a mayor is a tedious effort as it is.

As for the bugs from the Legacy days it is difficult to remember what they were.

The office fix I propose was to bring the jobs menu back to them and allow them to be adjusted. There should also be a link to the wealth of a city and the fill rate of offices. A higher wealth rating the better the offices filled. A low wealth would lead to low occupancy for offices.
Back to top Go down
robert
Newby

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jun - 13:30

Arkhangel wrote:
Robert your suggestion for removing offices for mayor is a bit misguided. The placement of offices by a mayor is a bug not an option in the mayor build menu. There is a process to which a player can do it and I do not believe it could be stopped to be honest without a huge amount of effort. However placing offices as a mayor is a tedious effort as it is.
well there are already variables in those asp files like IsMayor which are already used:
Example : \five\0\Visual\Voyager\Build\KindList.asp
Example : \five\0\Visual\Voyager\Build\MayorOptions.asp (linked by KindList)
just add another If-Clause at the right place, that's all Wink

But honestly, that's the easiest solution to avoid building those kinds of buildings at all.

First we need to determine what is exactly a bug or what could be intended or be necessary in some cases.
if it's definitely a bug, it needs to be fixed. Until then that feature of the game should be temporarily deactivated - or temporarily be ruled.
if it's a feature (even for some rare cases), it needs to be coded either that way that there's no need of rules or it needs to be ruled and probably somehow logged to be able to find abuses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rule for game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule for game   Rule for game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule for game
Page 1 of 1