Zutaty's home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortailPortail  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

starpeace

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
methusala
Newby

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-31

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep - 22:50

bah this forum is getting just as bad as starpeace itself, no new starpeace posts or comments, no info , it must be the starpeace syndrome at work

meth
Back to top Go down
notrevo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-08-23

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: attempt to contact puggy   starpeace Icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep - 4:30

still trying to email and trying to contact puggy on msn, still no response. I am also trying to contact 1 of Starpeace developers, elias, where puggy got the game and codes from. nothing yet, but will keep on trying.
Back to top Go down
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-08-16

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: ..   starpeace Icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep - 17:34

meth at this time we try to talkto pugg or try have old game. that's take time.
Back to top Go down
https://zutaty.forumotion.com
methusala
Newby

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Re: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep - 19:40

zutaty wrote:
meth at this time we try to talkto pugg or try have old game. that's take time.

Hi Guys,
No dont get me wrong Smile I wasnt complaining about the time factors involved, I for 1 appreciate what you are trying to do, it was more a sort of cry for feed-back even when theres nothing new to say , its just nice to know the ideas havnt just died Smile
And thanks again for your efforts, just for that Zut, i wont starve your indy and put u in the red lol. God i'm restraining myself well, altho its no fun with just 6 players left , all mayors and all producing all they need for themselves, dunno why i keep logging in

Meth
Back to top Go down
notrevo

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Sp remaining players   starpeace Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep - 15:38

Hi, so Meth, there are actually some players still on Sp? I thought nobody was able to get on the game. If so, keep trying like hell to get a response from puggy. Also, if possible, try to get the remaining players here pls, thanx
Back to top Go down
methusala
Newby

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Re: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep - 7:13

current players logging in are Seth, JJR,Jaguro,Black Lion,myself and of course mirco

Meth
Back to top Go down
JJR
Newby

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-08-24

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Re: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep - 16:18

My main account is out right now just my second account active, I'll keep checking here every once a while but it looks pretty bad right now, all Puggy is waiting is for the time codes to run out before closing the server it would had been a lot more professional of Puggy to at least post it on the game forum that he was going to let the game died, hopefully someone can contact Puggy or our British friends can pay him a house call Wink
Back to top Go down
methusala
Newby

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Re: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep - 19:38

JJR wrote:
My main account is out right now just my second account active, I'll keep checking here every once a while but it looks pretty bad right now, all Puggy is waiting is for the time codes to run out before closing the server it would had been a lot more professional of Puggy to at least post it on the game forum that he was going to let the game died, hopefully someone can contact Puggy or our British friends can pay him a house call Wink

Junk will know what i'm talking about here if no one else does, its now 1735 local time and puggy just switched off the module server, what a complete wanker, a truly gutless way of ending his reign as the biggest rip off on the net.

Meth and associates
Back to top Go down
zutaty
Admin
zutaty

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-08-16

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: ....   starpeace Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep - 12:31

so, we perhaps need junk see elias and prepare relaunch
Back to top Go down
https://zutaty.forumotion.com
loophole
entrepreneur
loophole

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-24

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Sate of Play   starpeace Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep - 18:33

By the looks of Mars logs.

The DS server fell over which took out mars module server with out the DS server module servers can not work and crash.

I can see the interface server for mars still running (taking connections from clients) but as the DS server is offline the interface server can not authenticate the user)

I think the DS server has been upset for a few months as this is to blame for the lose of GM status and other status as the module server can work partly on it own with out user stats sections of the DS server working correctly

So I think puggy has not been around for a long time unless I am wrong and he is in hiding (I hope not as I thought I had a good understanding of the guy)

A break down of Strapeace workings

DS Server (an application that talks to the database)
Database (user accounts, planet info and stats, setup stuff)

World apps

Cache Server (speeds up game play by caching all actions then passes them to local world database and DS Server)

Mail Server (all internal mail for that planet (mail is stored in text files locally)

Module Server (main world application world database and configuration of world)

Interface Server (connects all users to the world checks users account via DS server then get world details from world db and logs user in)

GameMaser Server (GM application)

ExplorerPrj (application to look at Database through DS Server)

SPMailSpam2 (application to send internal mail to all or selected planets)

Side note I have an old copy of the database some time last user I think this has a fair few email address in

Regards

Nick (aka loophole)
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldofloop.co.uk
notrevo

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: SP servers   starpeace Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep - 5:00

Thanx Loop, I guess myself like others were thinking the worst (again), because of past experiences with SP. Hopefully Puggy will get what ever issues he has with the game sorted, but most of all he need to be more informative to the Starpeace players. We appreciate your input, and hope that he will at least respond to you. Pls keep in touch and pls let us know if you have that database with player names so that we can keep track of, and let players know if and when game returns. Talk to you later, appreciate your explanation of how the servers work!

Notrevo
Back to top Go down
methusala
Newby

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Re: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep - 20:55

notrevo wrote:
Thanx Loop, I guess myself like others were thinking the worst (again), because of past experiences with SP. Hopefully Puggy will get what ever issues he has with the game sorted, but most of all he need to be more informative to the Starpeace players. We appreciate your input, and hope that he will at least respond to you. Pls keep in touch and pls let us know if you have that database with player names so that we can keep track of, and let players know if and when game returns. Talk to you later, appreciate your explanation of how the servers work!

Notrevo

aye i echo the thanks loop but its a bit like the chicken and the egg, the servers are interdependant so when 1 goes down it takes another section with it but its hard to tell which section failed first Smile

ok i too am guilty of thinking the worst but even the most optimistic puggy supporter has gotta try to think why he has been absent from admin for at least 2 months now, i dont think he's gonna suddenly pop up and reset everything with or without an explanation, we have to assume that the puggy period of starpeace is over.

Meth and Co
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

starpeace Empty
PostSubject: Re: starpeace   starpeace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starpeace
Page 1 of 1